First Solicitation of Planning and Design Proposals for the Construction of Chengdu's Featured Towns (Communities) and for the Conservation and Restoration of West Sichuan Linpan Rural Residence Complexes (Professional Group)
Announcement on Prequalification
To completely implement the major decision-making and deployment of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China on the implementation of the Rural Revitalization Strategy and General Secretary Xi Jinping's important instructions on "taking the lead and being a role model" for Chengdu's rural revitalization, comprehensively fulfill the decision-making and deployment of the provincial and municipal Party committees on implementing the Rural Revitalization Strategy, focus on promoting the expression of park cities and villages, rely on featured towns and Linpan rural residence complex systems to build a new form of park cities and villages, practice the new concept of integrated urban and rural development, reshape the spatial structure, promote the flow of elements, optimize the industrial layout, and drive balanced development across the region, the Chengdu Municipal Bureau of Planning and Natural Resources, Chengdu Agricultural and Rural Bureau (as the sponsors) and Chengdu Small Town Investment Co., Ltd. under Chengdu Xingcheng Group (as the organizer) organize the First Solicitation of Planning and Design Proposals for the Construction of Chengdu's Featured Towns (Communities) and for the Conservation and Restoration of West Sichuan Linpan Rural Residence Complexes (Professional Group) and publicly solicit a series of excellent planning and design proposals worldwide for Chengdu's featured towns (communities) and the West Sichuan Linpan rural residence complexes to select a group of excellent planning and design teams, combine global wisdom, provide blueprint samples for creating featured towns (communities) with agglomerated industries, composite functions, connected urban and rural areas, and outstanding energy levels, and West Sichuan Linpan rural residence complexes with beautiful shapes, distinctive characteristics and unique charm, and contribute to build Chengdu into a beautiful and livable park city that fully reflects the new development concept.
The Solicitation will be open to invite global design institutions with relevant experience of planning and design to apply for the prequalification. The Sponsors will select nine Applicants as Participants to participate in the Solicitation and further to submit their design proposals for response.
1. Project Brief
Project Name: First Solicitation of Planning and Design Proposals for the Construction of Chengdu's Featured Towns (Communities) and for the Conservation and Restoration of West Sichuan Linpan Rural Residence Complexes (Professional Group)
Project Location and Size:
(1) Six Featured Towns:
1) International Colorful Flower-and-tree Town in High-tech Zone: Situated in Dongjiageng Township, the Southern End of Sancha Lake in Airport New City, including some areas of Hetao Village, Gaojiawan Village, Kuyan Village and Loufangzui Village. The design scope of the project is about 3.61 square kilometers, and its research scope is 10.7 square kilometers. The town’s total population is 24,900.
2) Fuhong Asian-European Special Agricultural Product Town in Qingbaijiang District: Situated in Minzhu Village, Ziku Village and Xinghua Village of Fuhong Town, and adjacent to the European Industrial City. The design scope of the project is 5.76 square kilometers. The town’s total population is 32,000.
3) MinjiangGuiyu Town, Wenjiang District: Situated in Shou'an Town. The design scope of the project is about 4 square kilometers. The town’s total population is 41,540.
4) Chinese Poetry and Music Research Town in Dujiangyan City: Situated in Liujie Town. The design scope of the project is about 4 square kilometers. The town’s total population is about 39,000.
5) Ganlan Town in Jintang County: Situated in Huaikou Town, including Wangjiang, Maoding, Gongjia, Tiantai, Changjiang, and Xiaobai Village (Community). It is in the core area of Huaizhou New City. The design scope of the project is about 4.8 square kilometers. The town’s total population is 76,900.
6) World Museum Town in Dayi County: Situated in Anren Town. The design scope of the project is about 2 square kilometers. The town’s total population is 76,900.
(2) Ten West Sichuan Linpan Rural Residence Complexes:
1) Shisheng Village LinpanRural Residence Complex in High-tech Zone: Situated in Communities 4, 5, and 6 of Shisheng Village, Futian Township. The planned and design scope of the project is about 27.5 mu, covering 5 households and 20 people in the area.
2) Ye Family Courtyard LinpanRural Residence Complex in Xindu District: Situated in Communities 2 and 3 of Gongwang Community, Mulan Town. The design scope of the project is about 85 mu, covering 53 households and 220 people in the area.
3) HuangjiaBajiao West Sichuan LinpanRural Residence Complex in Shuangliu District: Situated in Group 3, Bajiao Community, Huangjia Street. The design scope of the project is about 30 mu, and all the indigenous people in the area have been relocated.
4) Wang Family Courtyard LinpanRural Residence Complex in Pidu District: Situated in Community 5, Guangfu Village, Ande Town. The design scope of the project is 12.73 mu, covering 11 households and 26 people in the area.
5) Zhu Family Courtyard LinpanRural Residence Complex in Pidu District: Situated in Community 5, Guangfu Village, Ande Town. The design scope of the project is 8 mu, covering 6 households and 15 people in the area.
6) Bingling Village LinpanRural Residence Complex in Jianyang City: Situated in Communities 7 and 8 in Bingling Village, Hefeng Town. The design scope of the project is about 27.5 mu, covering 40 households and 160 people in the area.
7) Yuewan Village LinpanRural Residence Complex in Jianyang City: Situated in Community 4, Yuewan Village, Jiangyuan Town. The design scope of the project is about 30 mu, covering 27 households and 109 people in the area.
8) ChalanLinpanRural Residence Complex in Qionglai City: Situated in Groups 3 and 4 of Guoshan Village, Kongming Township. The design scope of the project is about 15.5 mu, covering 13 households and 53 people in the area.
9) Brother LinpanRural Residence Complex in Yi Township of Chongzhou City: Situated in Group 24 of Lianyi Village and Group 12 of Baihe Village in Guansheng Town. The design scope of the project is about 55 mu, and the research scope is 191 mu, covering 26 households and 83 people in the area.
10) TieniuzhaiLinpanRural Residence Complex in Pujiang County: Situated in Groups 5 and 6 of Tieniu Village, Xilai Town. It is in the core area of Xilai Country Park. The design scope of the project is about 41 mu, and the research scope is 300 mu, covering 40 households and 150 people in the area.
The main content of research and design for the Solicitation: The planning and design of six featured towns and for the conservation and restoration of nine groups of West Sichuan Linpan rural residence complexes (a total of 10 Linpan rural residence complexes, of which one group includes two small-scale complexes). Each participant shall complete a planning proposal for 2 featured towns and for the conservation and restoration of 3 or 4 West Sichuan Linpan rural residence complexes.
The period of planning and design at the stage of solicitation is around 80 days. On Jan 23, 2020, the Solicitation Document of First Solicitation of Planning and Design Proposals for the Construction of Chengdu's Featured Towns (Communities) and for the Conservation and Restoration of West Sichuan Linpan Rural Residence Complexes (Professional Group) will be released. It is tentatively scheduled to organize project presentation meetings and on-site survey from Feb 10 to Feb 12, 2020, when leading designer and the team from Participants shall attend the meetings. The time to submit Responsive Documents for the Solicitation by Participants (Deadline for Solicitation) is Apr 15, 2020.
Method of Solicitation: Open Solicitation
2. Sponsors, Organizer, Technical Support Unit and Organizer of Solicitation
Sponsors: Chengdu Municipal Bureau of Planning and Natural Resources, Chengdu Agricultural and Rural Bureau
Organizer: Chengdu Small Town Investment Co., Ltd. under Chengdu Xingcheng Group
Technical Support Unit: Chengdu Planning Research Institute
Organizer of Solicitation: Beijing Science Park Auction & Tender Co., Ltd.
3. Contact of Solicitation
Organizer of Solicitation: Beijing Science Park Auction & Tender Co., Ltd.
Address: Building No.6, Guangdaxiyuan, Wanliu, Wanquanzhuang, Haidian District, Beijing
Post Code: 100089
Contacts: Xing Yali, XuXinghua
4. Eligibility and Qualifications of Applicants
4.1 The Applicant shall be a legal entity that has been legally incorporated in accordance with laws or a project consortium composed of legal entities that have been legally incorporated in accordance with laws;
4.2 Applicants should have relevant qualifications for urban and rural planning or architectural design;
4.2.1 The design entities within the People’s Republic of China shall be at least certified with one of the following: Certificate of Grade B and above urban and rural planning or Certificate of Qualification of Foreign-Funded Enterprises for Urban Planning Servises or Certificate of Grade A and above architectural design (architectural engineering);
4.2.2 The design entitiesoutside the People’s Republic of China shall hold the qualification or business license of urban planning or architectural design stipulated according to the laws, regulations or stipulations of the country where it is. The qualifications for planning and design institutions from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan shall refer to the requirements of qualifications for planning and design institutions outside the People’s Republic of China.
4.3 Applicants should have experience in planning design similar to the functional nature of this project;
4.4 The Consortium is accepted in this Project.
4.4.1 A consortium agreement shall be signed by all partners of the Consortium.
4.4.2 Any partner of the Consortium shall neither individually apply for the Prequalification in its own capacity, nor concurrently apply for the Prequalification as a partner of another Consortium.
5. Obtaining of Prequalification Documents
The prequalification documents of the Project shall be download from the website of Beijing Science and Technology Park Auction &Tender Co., Ltd.
The time for obtaining the Prequalification Document is from Dec 27, 2019 to 17:00PM Jan 12, 2020 (Beijing time, the same below). The website of Beijing Science and Technology Park Auction & Tender Co., Ltd. will be accessible at 9:00 AM on Dec 27, 2019.
6. Submission of Application Documents for Prequalification
The deadline for submission of application documents for prequalification is 17:00PM on Jan 17, 2020, and the applicant shall submit such documents to the Organizer of Solicitation before the deadline. The Organizer of Solicitation will reject any such documents arrived after the specified deadline.
7. Media Releasing Announcement on Solicitation
The Announcement on Solicitation will be released on the following websites simultaneously. The amendment and supplement of the Announcement shall be subject to the contents released via the following websites.
http://www.cebpubservice.com (website of China Tendering and Bidding Public Service Platform)
http://www.ccgp.gov.cn (website of Chinese government procurement)
http://mpnr.chengdu.gov.cn（website of Chengdu Municipal Bureau of Planning and Natural Resources）
http://cdagri.chengdu.gov.cn（website of Chengdu Agricultural and Rural Bureau）
http://www.cdaup.com（website of Chengdu Association of Urban Planning）
http://www.cdxctz.com（website of Chengdu Xingcheng Investment Group Co., Ltd.）
http://www.cdtown.com.cn（website of Chengdu Small Town Investment Co., Ltd. under Chengdu Xingcheng Group）
http://www.bkpmzb.com (website of Beijing Science Park Auction & Tender Co., Ltd.)
8. Instructions of Solicitation
8.1 Compensations for Designs Proposals
The Organizer will make compensations for design proposals in the amount of 1.1 Million (including taxes) RMB for Participant having submitted valid Responsive Documents within specified time frame as required per Solicitation Documents.
8.2 If the Participant meets one of the following conditions, the Sponsors will not pay any compensation:
(1) The Participant who fails to submit the proposals as per the specified deadline;
(2) The Responsive Documents submitted by the Participant are affirmed by the experts through evaluation to make no substantial response to the requirements of the Solicitation Documents;
(3) The Participant is disqualified.
8.3 Awards and prize settings: A winning prize is set for each featured town, with an amount of 0.5 Million (including taxes) RMB. A winning prize is set for each group of Linpan rural residence complexes, with an amount of 0.2 Million (including taxes) RMB.
The above fee includes various taxes that should be paid both within and outside China.
9.1 Intellectual Property
9.1.1 All the effective solicited design proposals received in the plan solicitation will not be returned.
9.1.2 The Participant holds the right of authorship for its design proposals and can comment on and display such design work for Application in the forms of media communication, trade magazines, and publications among others after granted with the Sponsors’ consent in writing.
9.1.3 The Sponsors/Organizer/project construction unit have the right to use the design proposals in the planning and design of the project and while the Sponsors/Organizer/project construction unit prepare the planning or adjust and integrate the planning proposals for this Project, the Sponsors/project construction unit can use the planning proposals and design results in its entirety or partially and can also make modifications. The Sponsors/Organizer/project construction unit may also print, publish and display all the Design Proposals, and can display and publicize the design results through media, professional magazines, books or other forms.
9.1.4 Neither the Sponsors, Organizer nor the Participant shall use the design proposals in the Solicitation for a purpose other than the Project.
9.1.5 The Participant shall ensure that all submitted design proposals and design results will not infringe upon IPR (including but not limited to copyright and patents) or know-how or trade secrets of others within or outside the People’s Republic of China. The Participant shall guarantee that if Design Proposals use or include IPR or know-how or trade secrets of others, the Participant shall have already obtained legitimate, valid and sufficient authorization from the right holders. The Participant shall take all liabilities for any compensations arising from infringement upon IPR or know-how or trade secrets of others.
9.2 Governing Laws
The solicitation per se and any documents relating thereto shall be governed only by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China.
The languages used in the Prequalification Documents and supplement documents and clarification documents thereto shall be both Chinese and English. In the event of any discrepancy, Chinese shall prevail.
Application Documents for Prequalification and the correspondence and documents related to this solicitation between participants and the sponsor shall all be drafted in Chinese. Another language may be used for the proof documents and printed materials that participants provide along with the application documents, but the Chinese version shall be attached thereto.
The language used in the meetings and oral communication related to this solicitation shall be Chinese.
9.4 Power of Interpretation
Power of interpretation: The Sponsors reserve the power of final interpretation in view of the solicitation and related documents.